21 September, 2007

Showtime and Spiders part 2

Apparently while Spotty was at SIL's today the kids came up with a new game. “Showtime”, they each took turns taking center stage (the middle of the lawn) and did a dance, they clapped for each other and then the next one performed. Auntie said it was really cute. When I got there they insisted that it was my turn, so I shook my groove thing and then sat down to enjoy the rest of the show.

I am happy that Spotty seems to be getting back to himself. When the kids have been outside playing Spotty had just been standing around crying. None of us can figure out what the issue is. Did he see spiders? This has been a huge topic of conversation at bedtime and he even started waking up 10-15 times a night crying that the spiders were coming to get him. Boy toy and I decided we would have Bert be his spider slayer and as boy toy was telling spotty chop how the spiders are afraid of Bert, I went to go get him…apparently Bert is off spider hunting because I can’t find him ANYWHERE. Luckily when we were in London last year and went to the Tower of London we picked up a “Beefeater Bear”. We explained that this was a special guard bear who would stay awake all night and make sure no spiders came into the room. Maybe it’s working?

0 comments: