01 November, 2007

A 2 1/2 year olds first concert

We took Spotty Chop to the Wiggles last week and it was such a blast. They were in Lowell at the Tsongas arena, which I had never been to, great venue, easy parking. We were in the 4th row because I felt if we were going to the Wiggles then BY GOD WE WERE WIGGLING! I am glad we were up so close (if I could have gotten closer I would have). To see Spotty’s face when they first came on stage was magical (which is corny as all hell, but I don’t know how else to describe the butterflies in my stomach to see him so happy.)

At first he wanted to be in either boy toy or my arms so he could watch, but later on he just wanted to dance on his chair. He made friends with the little girl behind him who shared her glow bracelets with him. They had little coloring frames and crayons on the seats and I have to say that it was a great idea. I saw lots of kids taking a break from the action (including mine) by hanging out and coloring for awhile. We danced and sang. They even included the parents at one point by asking us to “light up” our cell phones. The Wiggles put on a good show. They are energetic and really seem to have a great time up on stage and with each other. We knew almost all of the songs and they included a few new ones…just like any other concert we have ever been to. One nice thing, when they left the stage, they left. There was none of the required screaming and stomping of feet to get them to play “one last time”.

Then we went past the souvenirs. We asked what he wanted and he said “afeathersord, a pierit hat and captan”. Boy toy said “you can only get one of those things” and Spotty was like “ok” and I am like “he is getting it ALL!!!!” There is a time for restraint and time to run like the wind. I ran and ran hard. He looked so friggen cute with his hat, sword and clutching his captain doll. He has been going to sleep with all three. I can’t wait to bring him to something else.

0 comments: