28 January, 2009

Book Review: Storm Front

Book One of the Dresden Files

This is one of my favorite series. I think I am drawn to smart asses.

Instead of giving a bit of a recap, I am instead going to do what I do for my DVD obsessions. Give you quotes. If this doesn’t grab you the series is just not for you.

Harry: Paranoid? Probably. But just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean that there isn’t an invisible demon about to eat your face.

Harry: I extended the staff toward it, horizontally like a bar, and shouted , “Out! Out! Out! You are not welcome here!” A touch dramatic in any other circumstance, maybe-but when you’ve got a demon in your living room, nothing seems too extreme.

Harry: A roomful of deadly drug. One evil sorcerer on his home turf. Two crazies with guns. One storm of wild magic looking for something to set it into explosive motion. And half a dozen scorpions like the one I had barely survived earlier, rapidly growing to movie-monster size. Less than a minute on the clock and no time-outs remaining for the quarterback. All in all, it was looking like a bad evening for the home team.


Best of all? His books are in the double digits

0 comments: