12 January, 2011

So THIS is why people go to Cape Cod…

It’s snowing here again in New England so what better way to celebrate than to post about some summer fun.


My parents rented a place in Brewster for a week this past summer and they graciously invited us down to visit.

People in Massachusetts seem to be in two camps when it comes to summer fun. There are the beach people (the Cape, the Vineyard, Nantucket) or the mountain people (NH, VT). You may be able to guess from previous camping posts we are in the Mountain camp.

I was going to write “I am not a fan of the beach” but that isn’t true at all. I love the ocean, I love the sand, I love the sound of the waves crashing...what I don’t love is…the Sun. in fact if I say the word out loud I will instantly receive a 2nd degree burn, if not worse. However, a free place to stay is…free!






The house my parents rented was a 1 minute walk to the beach. It had 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (not including the outdoor shower), and 2 porches and the beach is rated one of the safest beaches in the Cape for kids, the water was incredibly shallow and there were multiple sandbars that kept the water warm. It was heaven. We could only stay one night because  I was working on a release. My parents rented the spot again for next year. I am pushing for 2 nights maybe 3…



0 comments: