06 January, 2011

Dear Spotty Chop you are 68 months old today (if i hadn't lost the post)

(seriously, I just found this, apparently I had written up last months and just never put it up on the blog…as you would say “mama what is wrong with your brain?”)


You brought a book to school to read to the class. It was Hot Wheels Dino Racing. Your teacher was cracking up when she told us about it. Apparently you kept the entire class at the edge of their seats. You also prompted them like a professional. “do you see the dinosaur on this page? Who do you think is going to win the race!” She said that she may have you read all the books; it was much too fun to watch you do it.

When you try to pick someone to do something with you you sing:


Eeny, meeny, miny, mo,
Catch a tiny by the toe:
If he hollers let him go,
Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

Sometimes you add:


The colors of the
American flag are
Red, white and blue


You love manipulating the outcome, so either dada or I loose.


You asked me on a ride home “mama do you remember the picture you gave me in case I got sad and missed you?” I said yes. “well, I may want that picture again someday.” I let him know it was on the fridge any time he needed it.

We also started buying Scholastic books!!! Oh happy day! I remember how excited I was getting new books and you seem pretty stoked yourself. I am trying to get both books that you can read on your own and books that we can read to you. You are like me when you get a new book. You can’t wait to dive into it and will keep reading until there are no more new books left.

You still play trot trot to Boston with me, well, actually I always have to trick you and tell you I need to snuggle you for a minute, then, when you are up in my lap BAM I spring like a leopard and trot trot the hell out of you. You laugh so hard.

I also will grab your naked foot and do this little piggy…you seriously SCREAM with laughter.


Christmas is coming my son. I hope you get everything your heart desires and more. My present is you, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

0 comments: