19 February, 2009

Book Review: Fool Moon

Book Two of the Dresden Files

Harry is back at it with new friends and enemies.

Harry: Werewolves jumping through windows at gangster’s lackeys in unfinished restaurants. A mangled corpse in the middle of a blood-drenched floor. Berserk FBI field agents drawing guns and shooting to kill. A little kung fu, a little John Wayne, and a few casual threats. So far…just one more night on the job.

Harry: “Cheer up Harry. I told myself. “You’re just going to go poke around a biker gang’s lair. Ask them if they happen to have killed some people lately. What could possibly go wrong?”

Harry: “So there I was being strangled by a ranting, half-naked madman in the middle of the woods, with a she-werewolf dangling from a rope snare somewhere nearby. My gunshot wound hurt horribly, and my jaw throbbed from where my buddy the cop had brutalized it the night before. I’ve had worse days. That’s the great thing about being a wizard. I can always tell myself, honestly, that things could be worse.

Harry: “A stuffed animal, man!” I roared at him. “Don’t mess with a wizard when he’s wizarding”.

Have you started reading yet?

0 comments: