07 August, 2008

Holy Christ on a Cracker Batman!

I was having a bit of a crappy weekend until I popped into my blog late Saturday/early Sunday. Apparently I am not just writing to amuse myself; I have been told that I may be interesting to others.

I have won my first award!

This has definitely blown me away and tickled my funny bone. Barb, who has been so generous with her comments and support, is the one that surprised me with this. She has multiple blogs that you should check out when you have a second. I usually find her at Picture this, at last! where her photos blow me away, but then there is Made for Keeps and The Family Branson . Damn girlfriend, working overtime aren’t we?

As for the award? It is the Este Blog premia el arte y la creatividad .




So not only is it an award, but it’s a language lesson as well.

You wanna know what it means? Go see Barb she took some Spanish.
Ich spreche Deutsches aber sehr schlecht.

Here are the rules for this award.

1) You must pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, based upon creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogger community.

2) Each award must have the name of the author with a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Award-winners must show the award and put the name and link to the blog that awarded it.

4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize must show the link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) These rules must be included in your post.

Well, how do you pick 5 blogs that are kick ass? Personally I panic, procrastinate, and then pass out.

Here they are

1.) one thing I HATE about today
– Annie’s web designs makes me happy, I think it’s one of the best out there. She also has issues with MORE-ONS and rat fink bastards. What’s not to love?

2.) Blogger Buster
- Amanda writes a blog to help other bloggers make their blogs look and perform better. Because of her I found "suck my lolly" and the design I now use (although, she has 125 new favorites...)

3.) Project Rungay
– If you have never read the snark kings (or should I say Queens) Tom and Lozenzo, RUN, do not pass go. I can’t start my mornings without them.

4.) Another Roadside Attraction – Rue makes beautiful things. She also has a beautiful family and an interesting take on life. Did I mention she takes a mean photo as well?

5.) Editorial Anonymous – Is a blog written by a children’s book editor. She not only gives great insight into an industry that seems very mysterious to me but gives great advice.

Here’s to more great blogging! (Or even mediocre rambling…)

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Lady, you make me laugh every time I pull up your blog, even if it is just to look at that sassy orange whale! I'm so glad I was able to brighten your day! Now I'm off to look at your award winners!

annie said...

Thank you! My boring posts of late were to check my theory, that people are drama queens even though they claim not to like it. People lie. They love it.

Oh, and I did not keep a Harley in that living room of that farm house, it had a big shop, plus a barn. Unlike my little "trailer home" in a bad neighborhood where I lived right before that. We had a Harley in the kitchen and one along the wall between the kitchen and the living room, where the barstools were supposed to go!

Nestor Family said...

Congrats on the award! I agree with Barb about the laughing and the whale!