03 August, 2008

Dear Spotty Chop you are 41 months old today

You have had a busy month. We went blueberry picking for the first time with Moo, Hippy Chick and Cheese Please. Moo is a champion blueberry picker. I needed her help filling my bucket (you needed 3 lbs minimum). I may have done a bit better if you had not disappeared. You freaked all of us out. We were running up and down the rows of blueberry trees (OK so they are bushes, but they are HUGE). You decided to head back home. We finally found you because you were on your way back to us and kicked up a dust storm.

I watched as you rode on a sea kayak in the ocean with Little sister’s kids. I didn’t want to let you go, but you wanted to so badly. I was afraid I would have to run through the ocean like a Baywatch beauty we all know. But that didn’t happen and you had a great time. I was a craptastic mom in that I missed putting sunscreen below your eyes and a finger mark on the left side of your face. I was so upset.

We went to the drive in, you are definitely not ready to sit in a movie theater for several hours, and that’s OK. You are a bundle of energy. You still refuse to sleep. Tonight it was after 11:00 before you finally gave up the fight. You did sleep in your own bed for the ENTIRE night 3 times!!! Just enough to psych us out. “is this it? Will he sleep in his own bed?” and as you now love to say "EEENT, I don't think so". (you are so damned cute when you say this, but it really will drive me crazy at times I think.)


Possibly the biggest thing is that you are wearing water wings and are a swimming machine. You have no fear with these bad boys on. I am not as afraid either. this started when you figured out that you could touch the bottom of the pool. Your mouth and nose were still under water, but you thought it was great. I of course had a heart attack because all I could see were your beautiful blue eyes staring at me from just above the water. Water wings rock and so do you. I love you kiddo.

0 comments: