24 April, 2008

That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem

I am on Season 3 of SG1 and can I just tell you how much I am enjoying this show? Season 3 has a lot of episodes that I have never seen (sly lie must not have bought the set) which is like going through your bookshelves and finding books by an author you love, that you have never read and is part of a series. Don't get me wrong stand alones have their place, just not in my bookshelf…well, ok that’s not quite true, I think I had a bookshelf for singles, but as they all fell over and books now cover my entire house in no semblance of order whatsoever and I can't find a frelling thing EVER...What the hell was I talking about?

So there I am a happy little commuter sitting on the train, watching my SG1 happy as a pig in poop until….Sam’s dad is dying, so I bawl my eyes out, Daniel’s wife dies, so I bawl my eyes out, Jack wants to keep a girl from getting her memory wiped…Daniel leaves SG1...do you know how pathetic it is 1) to be bawling your eyes out on the commuter rail with only a shirtsleeve to keep you company and 2) to be bawling your eyes out to SG1? This is of course my light bulb moment that I really should be taking my happy pills regularly.


Luckily it's not all gloom and doom sometimes I laugh my ass off.

General Hammond: You ever think of writing a book about your military exploits? Jack O'Neill: I've thought about it. But then I'd have to shoot anybody that actually read it. pause That's a joke, sir.


O'Neill: I thought you said it was Greek.
Jackson: Oh, um, Mycenae was an ancient city in the southern Peloponnesus region.
O'Neill: Where's that?
Jackson: Greece.
O'Neill: Why do I do that?

O'Neill: We'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
Bra'tac: No, the bridge is too well guarded.
O'Neill: No, actually, there I was using a cliche.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound... Nothing comes to mind.

Carter: This tastes like chicken.
Jackson: So what's wrong with it?
Carter: It's macaroni and cheese.

O'Neill: It's "O'Neill," with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neil with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all.

Teal'c: If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.

An officer asks them in Russian if they're spies.
Jackson: Nyet.
O'Neill: Daniel

Jackson: He just asked if we were Soviet spies and- realizes the problem
Guard: Come with me.
O'Neill on the way out: Nyet?

O'Neill: You know that "we come in peace" business? Bite me.

Teal'c: Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

O'Neill: Well, it's hard to say.
Thornbird: Some sort of state secret?
O'Neill: No, just difficult to pronounce.

Carter: Actually, I'm a Major now.
Aris Boch: Oh. Well, how very important. I'll inform the galaxy.

Well…maybe you had to be there



0 comments: