24 July, 2009

Book Review: Proven Guilty

Book Eight of the Dresden Files

And just when you think you’ve got things figured out…

Harry: Should I survive the conversation. I would then be off to a horror convention, where a supernatural assault might or might not have happened, with a mysterious stranger following me while an unknown would-be assassin ran around loose somewhere, probably practicing his offensive driving skills so that he could polish me off the next time he saw me…Let the good times roll.

Harry: Let he who hath never stonewashed his jeans cast the first stone

Harry: I started to get annoyed, but was struck by the disturbing thought that if I did, I would be coming down on the same side of the situation as Charity, which might be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Harry: She was in great shape, but no one’s exercise program includes running up several hundred feet of spiral stairs in full mail and helmet carrying a big-ass hammer and a sword.

0 comments: