21 May, 2009

Book Review: Death Masks



Book Five of the Dresden Files
I don’t know what more I can say to get you people reading this…unless it’s this…

Harry: Susan Rodriguez was a reporter for a regional yellow paper called the Midwestern Arcane. She’d grown interested in me just after I opened up my practice…We’d gotten involved, and on our first date she wound up lying naked on the ground in a thunderstorm while lightning cooked a toadlike demon to gooey bits.

Harry: Someone stole the freaking Shroud of Turin?

Harry: Murphy was a monster-hunting Valkyrie. She was the only person I’d ever heard of who had killed one with a chainsaw.

Harry: You get handed a holy sword by an archangel, told to go fight the forces of evil, and you somehow remain an atheist. Is that what you’re saying?
Sanya: “…it is possible that I am mad, and all of this is a hallucination.

Harry: In this corner, one missing Shroud, one impossibly and thoroughly dead corpse, one dedicated and deadly vampire warlord, three holy knights, twenty-nine fallen angels, and a partridge in a pear tree….And in the opposite corner, one tired, bruised, underpaid professional wizard, threatened by his allies and about to get dumped by his would-be girlfriend for John Q. Humdrum…Oh yeah…Definitely bedtime

0 comments: