03 March, 2014

Dear Spotty Chop you are 108 months old

Sorry it’s been so long since my last letter. Work has been crazy, our lives have been chaotic and I am perhaps a tad bit lazy. But I’m back!
9 years old – you are a nine year old my friend. Although at times I am wondering if you are perhaps a 16 year old in disguise? I really shouldn’t be surprised as both your father and I are known to have “attitude issues”.  Doesn’t matter, we love you, a lot.
So what’s been going on with you? What are you into? You still love to watch Pokemon with me. Adventure Time, Kicking it, The Neighbors, Regular Show, Teen Titans, Haunted Hathaway’s are all shows you really love. I don’t understand what you like about Uncle Grandpa or Steven Universe.
We just finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. YOU LOVED THIS BOOK. You often would stop playing video games so you and I could run to your room pull up the covers and read more. I know you want to read the second one, but I am waiting for Cheese Please to give me the lowdown on the rest of the series. Yes I have read them, but my brain is old and I can’t remember when stuff happens – her brain is young and smart. I just don’t want to be reading you stuff that you aren’t quite ready for – or at least we can talk about if you feel like you are ready to loose a character you love. Of course right now I am reading you the Seekers  - The Quest Begins; good Fing GOD, so far one mom is dead, eaten by Orca’s. Another mom is going crazy and one mom has abandoned her cub. And that was in the first 6 chapters.  I seriously don’t know if we can continue on as we both seem to be getting very depressed…luckily I did buy you the 2nd in the Familiar series so that should be hopefully a bit more upbeat.  You have also really enjoyed the Astronaut Academy, so much so that you are getting the 2nd in the series for your birthday. Same with Alvin Ho – although I accidently bought you the 2nd in the series for Xmas, so you are getting the first for your birthday (had I realized before you were halfway done that I had done that – I would have bought the first one much sooner. HATE reading a series out of order.) I wasn’t on top of my game Christmas as I bought you the 4th in the Dragon Keepers series, you wouldn’t read it so you are getting the 3rd for your birthday too.  You are still reading the Dragonbreath series (I think you are up to 7 or 8 now) you also really like the Imaginary Veterinary series. Diary of a Wimpy kid is a go to read when you are feeling anxious, as in Captain Underpants. You were totally in love with the Secret Zoo series, but the 4th book in the series spooked you after the first few pages, so we put that aside for later. Boy Toy was reading Wings of Fire and during one of the confrontations you decided to stop reading that as well. We will try again later as up until then you LOVED THEM.

We got a few games you enjoy

CastlePanic – we played this 9-10 times and got beat EVERY Fing TIME. We played just you and I, we played as a family – in fact just Boy Toy and I played until 2am one night trying to beat the game. We finally had to call my cousin and her husband and asked them to come over (they are big game players) and we did finally beat this…but it was down to the wire. The neat thing about this game is not only is it coop, but you can play solo as well.

The other game is a sequel to Forbidden Island which is also a kick ass game (that Moo and co. gave you one Xmas,) but we think Forbidden Desert (that Moo and co gave you this Xmas) might be a bit better – my cousin and husband also came over to try and help us beat this – but we FAILED. You seem to be very stressed out over not winning and we are trying desperately to show you that you don’t have to win to have a good time. It’s a work in progress.

Maybe when we go to Moo & Freak Show’s house to play this (once I am assured that the plague that infected me is not hiding in you or Boy Toy) you will relax.  You still love to play  Zombie Dice and Munchkin, we got some expansion packs and additional sets that make us laugh. You still pull out Stratego and on occasion the Bakugan game (that’s like Stratego).

You still spend time with Nannie and Pap. Papa has taken you on multiple adventures. The most recent being Laser Tag, The Museum of Fine Arts and The Higgen’s Armory Museum. Papa still chases you around the house with a broom threatening to beat you, but now you occasionally take the broom and chase him through the house.

You are taking lean to play hockey lessons. You seem to be enjoying it, but you don’t want to play hockey because you are afraid you are going to get hurt. Little dude there is no checking until…high school? College? You aren’t going to get hurt. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care if you play hockey or not, I just don’t want you to close the door on something on the possibility of a scenario that chances are will never happen…good god you are your father!

You are a Minecraft fiend. You love to play and are spending more time playing with other people than you do building worlds. I really appreciate that you still ask us before you do things on line “is it ok if I answer someone’s question, can I join an auction?” I know it won’t always be this way, but I think it’s sweet.

You stayed home today, you asked if you could. So right now you are playing Kirby in Dreamland. You loved Kirby’s epic yarn and you seem to really love this one too. One of the books I got you “the Homework Machine” you have already read…brat. You said you wanted ice cream cake for breakfast so the cake is on the counter, once it thaws a bit more you shall have CAKE. We will be going to Dave & Buster’s later for lunch. Yesterday we took you and JMan to see the Lego Movie. You both loved it. The movie matinee (for kids) was $9.00. For your father and I it was $9.50.  I wonder how much movie tickets will be by the time you read this letter?
Love you kiddo Happy Birthday! 

0 comments: