03 December, 2011

Lego Advent Calendar 2011 - STAR WARS!!!

For the past 3 years I have been getting Lego Advent calendars for Spotty and my godson (a year or so older than Spotty). This is possibly one of the best gifts I think I have ever stumbled across. Each set comes in a unique box with a "scene" printed on it. 


(The first 2 years were city scenes.) 













 Next there are 24 little slots which contain some sort of Lego "thing". Maybe it's a mini figure, like ice scaters or a construction worker, or Santa. It could be a traffic light, or a sled or a Christmas tree.





The only directions are on the tab that you open, so you don't have to worry about searching for directions on the 10th day. They are always there. They also add one or two extra pieces in case one gets lost.


This year much to my great joy the calendar theme was Star Wars. Made my heart grown 3 sizes that day!


I can't wait to see all of the things Spotty gets to build!!!

It's a Dadda and Spotty thing, Mama sits on the sidelines, but I am ok with that. I love to watch the looks on their faces as they build and try to figure out what they are building




Day 1
Day 2

This has quickly become one of my favoriet holiday traditions. I am not sure when they are going to get too old for this, with luck I will be sending these out to the boys for the next 20-30 years. If you are looking for a new holiday tradtion, or even a unique gift to give I say run, do not walk and pick one up. You won't be sorry.

0 comments: