01 March, 2012

Dear Spotty Chop you were 83 months old last month

Little dude, I am sorry I haven’t been a good blogger. I still have to write about Christmas for Christ’s sake (ha, see what I did there). I have been slightly addicted to playing Skyrim and Dragon’s Age. I have settled on Dragon’s age as I am SO CLOSE TO FINISHING!!!!


But that doesn’t mean you haven’t said or done anything adorable


Lego’s has come out with some horrific new girls only Lego creations. Moo and I have of course been WTFing about it. When I told you about it you didn’t understand why girls had to play with different Lego’s, your friends play with Lego’s all the time. And when I told you that they don’t work with regular Lego’s, you said that wasn’t fair.


As heard at our house:


"Respect what comes out of your butt RESPECT IT!!!" after that you called your dad a ninny and then punched him in the chest.


You and I went to see my parents. Nannie, Papa you and I all went to my Great Aunt’s to see if there was anything we wanted. She is 93, and told me the other day that she could sleep forever. Her sister died a few weeks ago, they had lived together for…well, basically 89 years. You don’t know them very well, Nannie has brought you over to them a few times, but you have far too much energy, and you make them…nervous. You aren’t doing anything wrong, they are just not used to so much…boyness.


Anyhoo, my parents take us to lunch at 3 or 4 pm because a quick trip with your parents ends up being….well, much longer than a quick trip. I am going to have to re-read this when you are in your 20’s and 30’s so I don’t do this to you! So we are at the table when you say “when my parent’s pass away I am going to get my own house and live with my friends.” I just stared at you.


Then a few mornings later when I am trying to wake you up (you had climbed into our bed at some point) and I said “and by the way, you spent all night snuggling your dad, what about me”? And you reply “Dada is older than you and he will die first so he needs to get extra snuggles now”.


Finally – and now that I think about it, this may also contribute to why I skipped writing for so long. We went sledding and I took you out. As in I was barreling down the hill, you were in the way, my brain blanked and I smacked into you. I thought I broke your neck…other parents were coming over to see if you were ok. Worst Parent ever…

0 comments: